The Faculty of Public Health was inaugurated in 1997 and has pursued its activities since then.
The Faculty has a total area of 55,000 m2and infrastructure of 6,400 m2. It has two hectares of green space and 1,700 m2of parking. The indoor site includes 12 classrooms, a computer center of 48 m2, of conference hall of 130 m2with a capacity of 50 people, 140 m2conference hall with a capacity of 76 people, practice unit, Media Lab, environmental health, chemistry, microbiology, and professional health laboratories, research and reference section, waste, pesticides, food and nutrition laboratories, environmental health, conditioning, nutrition research, and food microbiology workshops as well as a library repository and study hall.
In addition to training students in the fields of public, professional, and environmental health, the Faculty has admitted students in the field of food industry at B.Sc. level, and education and health promotion, epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, and food industry at M.Sc. level. Moreover, through relentless effort, cooperation with the authorities and the recruitment of the right faculty members and staff, the Faculty has managed to admit students in the fields of environmental health and epidemiology at PhD level.
The Faculty of Public Health currently comprises 49 administrative and educational staff and 31 faculty members including three professors, four associate professors, 24 assistant professors and two mentors. We are dedicated to education, research and service in order to prepare innovative public health leaders, advance public health science and promote the health and well-being of all communities.
Our mission is to achieve academic excellence and creative research advancement by:
- Promoting research quality and quantity
- Developing human resources (qualitatively and quantitatively)
- Strengthening intersectoral and intrasectoral collaboration in order to improve the health of all communities
- Empower the faculty with new educational methods with an emphasis on virtual training
- Promote academic levels and ranks of the faculty
- Review syllabus design and curriculum planning by departments and with students’ participation
- Annually review of faculties’ academic evaluation forms (research, educational and exemplary professors forms)
- Provide students and mentors with appropriate facilities at clinical centers
- Assess and evaluate students’ knowledge based on a systematic tutorial program